Sunday 15 January 2012

More about 2011

With thanks to Words and Peace for all these additional ideas on summarising my reading year.

I read an average of 7.4 books per month. In 2012 I shall total the pages (though how to do this with Kindle editions I am not yet sure).

Books by the same author: - 2 each by Muriel Barberry, Elizabeth Gaskell, Khaled Hosseini, Charles Dickens, Hilary Mantel, Terry Pratchett, Anthony Trollope, and 3 by Margaret Oliphant, David Dickinson, and Thomas Hardy.

Re-Reads: Various non-fiction but only two fiction (I think) – P G Wodehouse – “Ring for Jeeves” ; and Terry Pratchett – “Once more ** with footnotes".

Favourite character of the year: Jacob de Zoet

Which author was new to you in 2010 that you now want to read more of? Mary Elizabeth BRADDON, Wilkie COLLINS, Helen DUNMORE

Best title: “The Irresistible Inheritance of Wilberforce - a novel in four vintages”

In 2012 I shall also count up – Books coming from: my personal bookshelf; the library; borrowed from family; Kindle editions.

And now to a fun wrap up:-

- When I was younger I was : The Immoralist
- People might be surprised to discover that I’m: Not Quite a Geisha
- I will never be: The Rector
- At the end of a long day I need: A Thousand Splendid Suns
- Right now I’m feeling: Fludd
– Someday I want to: Ring for Jeeves
- At a party you’d find me: (looking for) The Skeleton in the Closet
– I’ve never: (been) The Mayor of Casterbridge
- I really don’t enjoy: Love Letters of Great Men and Women
- My advice is to: (be) The Observant Traveller
– In my next life I want to be: Lady Audley’s Secret
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go: North and South
– Your favourite form of transportation: A Pair of Blue Eyes
- Your best friend is: The Assassin’s Cloak
- You and your friends are: The Doctor’s Family
- Favourite time of day: A Shadow on the Glass
- If your life was : A Farmer's Year
- What is life to you: Vanity Fair
- Your fear: Wives and Daughters
- What is the best advice you have to give: (follow) Dead Man’s Footsteps
- Thought for the Day: They saw it happen
- How I would like to die: An English Murder
- My soul’s present condition: The Light of Other Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello folks - your comments are always welcome.